Are you a PTSD patient? No worries! Medical marijuana can the required properties that can cure PTSD. If your MMJ card has experienced, you can use the option of medical marijuana card renewal orange county to continue taking advantage of medicinal benefits of cannabis.
No matter what the disease is, medical marijuana is marking its presence as a trustful method of treatment. With increased awareness it is safe to assume that more medicinal benefits are being unearthed everyday. This enables the doctors to expand the spectrum of benefits that cannabis has to offer.
If you’re wondering what PTSD is, we have explained it below!
What is PTSD?
It stands for post-traumatic stress disorder. It is a psychiatric or anxiety disorder which results from a violent, life-threatening and stressing event such as sexual assault, natural disaster or a mortal combat.
Its symptoms include:
1) Avoiding normal human contact and things that are associated with the traumatic event.
2) Constant flashbacks and nightmares of the traumatic event.
3) Constant mood swings and heightened arousal resulting in focussing and sleeping problems.
4) Reduced awareness of the surroundings.
5) Experiencing dissociative amnesia.
How can cannabis help in treating PTSD?
It is a well-known fact that cannabis has a range of medicinal benefits. which can be used throw medical marijuana card renewal orange county.
The conventional treatment of PTSD uses serotonin inhibitors which help in regulating the mood. However, the US Department of Veteran Affairs disregards much benefits of serotonin. Increased evidence is being gathered that cannabis is very useful in treating the PTSD. It is useful because:
1) It combats nightmares
Research shows that use of cannabis is highly beneficial in reducing the rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. It is this phase in which the most nightmares or vivid dreams occur. Hence, use of cannabis is highly useful in reducing the nightmares associated with the PTSD. The symptoms can be treated owing to the fact that presence of cannabinoids is highly useful.
2) Fight insomnia
Insomnia is a very common problem associated with PTSD. Research shows that tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) has the required properties to help in improving the quality of sleep and reducing sleep latency. These traits are often missing in patients who show signs of sleep insomnia.
Recently, CBD and THC based oils are increasingly being used to treat insomnia owing to its therapeutic properties.
3) Reduce anxiety
Anxiety is a very common symptom of PTSD. The presence of cannabidiol in cannabis is highly useful in reducing the anxiety associated with PTSD. This in turn reduces the stress and helps in enhancing the mood.
Different types of PTSD
The 5 different types of PTSD are mentioned below:
1) Normal stress is the most common type of PTSD that you may have. It can happen due to a traumatic event such as injury, emotional pain, accidents or illness. The symptoms of normal stress include fatigue, goosebumps, muscle pain, mood swings, digestion issues and increased heart rate. Cannabis is known to cure the most common symptoms of stress by relaxing the body and acting as a stress-buster.
2) Complex PTSD or extreme results from prolonged traumatic conditions such as childhood sexual abuse, violence or terrorist attacks.
3) Comorbid PTSD is associated with other mental health issues such as alcohol abuse, panic disorder and anxiety. It is comparatively difficult to treat than other forms of PTSD.
4) Uncomplicated PTSD occurs after a single traumatic incident as opposedto other similar PTSDs. This makes its treatment more challenging and hard to diagnose.
5) Acute stress disorder is characterized by panic attacks, insomnia and confusion making it difficult for people to carry normal day to day tasks. People with such conditions have longer grieving periods and constant insomnia.
It is a well-known fact that PTSD is a traumatic condition that needs to addressed with utmost care. Introduction of medical marijuana card renewal orange county has made its treatment easy and affordable. With constant ongoing research, it is expected that a more detailed treatment will be discovered and made available for the public.