420 med evaluations have more advantages than you can imagine. It presents cannabis as a medium to enhance your overall health. There is no grain of doubt on the fact that cannabis is very effective in managing a lot of health conditions. Well, what about diabetes? The answer is Yes!
What is diabetes?
The presence of excess sugar in the bloodstream leads to diabetes. Glucose is an important source of energy for the body but when it’s present in excess amount, it can lead to a lot of health problems. This condition typically arises when your body secretes less insulin. It is a hormone that metabolizes blood sugar to use it for energy.
Diabetes affects more than 30 million people in the US. This clearly points to the scale of the problem. Diabetes poses you at the risk of a lot of health issues such as heart disease, nerve damage, and infections.
- Frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Increased hunger
- Frequent infections
- Excessive thirst
Cannabis and diabetes
Cannabis has the necessary properties to manage diabetes. In fact, it’s better than most mainstream medications. One of the major advantages is that the herb is completely natural and does not cause any side-effects. Well, how is cannabis able to do that?
There is a system within your body called the endocannabinoid system. It’s a network of endocannabinoids, enzymes, and receptors spread throughout the body. Now, when you ingest cannabis, it influences the endocannabinoid receptors to release the feel-good hormones in the body. This brings a sense of relaxation in the body.
If you had to describe it in simple words, cannabis helps in homeostasis. It means cannabis keeps everything balanced in the body. If you want to dive into more details, the following points will enlighten you.
1) The herb helps in stabilizing blood sugar. Well, this is important because the whole issue arises due to excess sugar in the bloodstream. So, the fact that it helps you in managing sugar means that it’s great for diabetes.
2) Cannabis is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties. Diabetes results in arterial inflammation and medical marijuana does wonders in reducing the pain.
3) Medical marijuana acts as a vasodilator too. This means that it prevents constricted blood vessels and facilitates proper blood flow.
5) Diabetes is also associated with restless leg syndrome. It disrupts your sleep pattern and it induces fatigue. Cannabis is very effective in fighting insomnia. There are Indica rich strains that produce relaxing effects on the body and help you sleep better.
4) If you’re not aware, diabetes can also cause neuropathic pain. CBD or cannabidiol is very effective in managing pain and can provide you with the relaxation you need.
Some studies and researches
1) The American Journal of Medicine conducted a study in 2013 showed that cannabis is very effective in reducing blood sugar. It also mentions that cannabis users are less likely to get obese and have a higher level of good cholesterol in the body.
2) In 2014, a study published by the Natural Medicine Journal showed that people cannabis users reported lower levels of fasting sugar, insulin resistance, and BMI.
3) In 2015, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem conducted a study that showed that CBD has the necessary anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the nerve pain associated with diabetes.
420 med evaluations can help you in taking the right dose
The thing with cannabis is that you need to take the right dose to feel the best effects for the body. This is where 420 evaluations step in. They link you to a certified cannabis doctor who can guide you towards good health. In fact, the telemedicine platform has made things entirely easy.
You just need to find the right clinic. After that, fill the application form and the clinic analyzes it. Next, the clinic introduces you to a certified cannabis doctor who discusses your health symptoms with you. The main reason behind this is that the doctor needs to be sure that you have a medical condition that can be managed with the help of cannabis. Once the doctor is sure, he approves your status and you’re eligible to own a medical marijuana card. With the card, you can easily access cannabis from the dispensary and use it to manage your diabetes.
So, 420 med evaluations can help you manage diabetes with ease. Just contact the right specialist to ensure cannabis enhances your health for good.